Friday, January 28, 2011

My Apologies

Hello Everyone,
I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to post anything! Orientation has been extremely packed and it is difficult to get internet. I have been writing about my time so far on my laptop with the intentions of copying and pasting as soon as got internet but I am at a hostile and have internet but not my laptop so I am just going to fill you in on this weekend and post the other stuff later.

We had a free three day weekend before classes started so my friend Korrie and I made our way to Christchurch and then Akaroa and now we are back in Christchurch for the night. We are staying in a hostile and it has been really fun getting to know people from other places, but I think next time I'd prefer to camp, it's weird not having your own space and you still have to carry everything with you during the day anyway.But it's been a good experience so far.

Anyway our main time has been spent in Akaroa which is a small beach town with a lot of cute shops, it was pretty great. While we there we also got the opportunity to swim with New Zealand native hector dolphins. They are small and very rare, so it was really exciting being able to swim with them. Unfortunately, they were so fast that I didn't get any good pictures of them but the memories are still there.

Tomorrow we plan to do some shopping and there is a street performers festival in town that we are planning on checking out before heading back to Kaikoura. I am feeling ready to back to my new home and excited to catch up with everyone else.

I have made some really good friends within the program and that has made the transition fairly easy. Korrie is from Pennsylvania she runs track and cross country at her college and she is really sweet. Jaci is my roommate, she is from New Jersey and she is an art major we bonded pretty quickly over that and we both have a pretty goofy side. Travis is from Michigan and he is hilarious he is also Jaci's boyfriend which has made me miss Ross but they are both great. There's also Max who is from Canada, Mathias from Eugene, Stacy from Hawaii, Tracy and Carey from Ohio, Sara from Michigan, and Sierra from California, and Josh from Pennsylvania. This group has come together quickly to make a pretty great Whanau (family in Moari) which has been great!

Sorry for my bad grammar and any misspellings I didn't have time to proof and my internet time is up, I'll try and be in touch more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment