Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Homestay

Willy and Inga were Tracy and I’s home stay parents. They are a Dutch couple in there early 60s. They love to laugh, learn new hobbies, tell stories, and play Rummikub. They took us on a hike, to play minnie golf, to church with them and to go shooting.

I was definitely never hungry, they enjoy every tea time possible. Every day we would wake up and have breakfast, about an hour later we would have morning tea (usually toast, cheese, fruit, and coffee), then about two hours later we would have lunch, next came afternoon tea (similar to morning tea), and a few hours later dinner which was followed by a full dessert; I have never been so full in my life.

The high light of the weekend was probably going shooting. We went with Willy and some of his friends so Tracy and I got to try five types of pistols and each shot six rounds. Tracy is a much better shot than I am but we both had a great time. We plan on staying in close contact with them while we are in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment